So things are shaping up around here! On my first night after moving in I laid my head down to sleep, and things didn’t feel quite right. I got up and moved my bed to another wall. Laying there, things still felt a little off kilter… Three moves later I finally found a spot that was juuuust right. In an effort to save space I ditched a nightstand (you saw the pair here) and pushed my bed up against the wall. Here are a few flicks of my DIY campaign dresser nightstand as it looks now.
Here’s a quick run down of what I keep on my bedside table:
- table – a diy project using Ikea’s Rast drawers
- antique lamp – Howl Interiors, a furniture design studio I worked at
- orchids – my favorite flower, notoriously difficult to maintain
- book – my favorite book of the moment, Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende
- journal – my Q&A a Day journal, it asks you one question a day and lasts five years, so you can compare your answer for that question on that day over five years. What a great gift, thanks M!
- perfume – if I had a signature scent, this would be it: Soleil Liquide Memoire
- glass of water – I always keep one by my bed when I sleep. Zara Home glass and Anthropologie coaster
- skull print – gifted by MadeByGirl, it gives my space the edge it needed