In our very first installment of Weekend Wars (a brand new series here on Fuji Files!), we’re packing for Coachella! Now packing is a pain no matter where you’re going, so just imagine packing for a fashion-forward festival where you’re sure to bump into the likes of street style photographers, models off duty, and industry insiders. Worst. Nightmare. The best packing advice I ever heard was to pack your suitcase in a unified color palette, so that you can mix and match a multitude of different outfits. Like with anything, it’s best to start with a neutral base and then layer your color on top of that. Resist the urge to pack colorful sundresses because you really only get one wear out of them, and separates are much more versatile. I layered a range of different pink tops with my black and white shorts, and though they are in the same color palette there is a lot of variety in the prints – dots, stripes, lips, faces… Unlike that yellow sundress, you can wear these in combination with black jean shorts and no one would ever notice you wore the same thing two days in a row!
With just one pair of shoes, two pairs of shorts and these four shirts (requisite crop top included), I counted up to TWELVE different outfits that you could rock! Not to mention mixing up the accessories. Can I please get some points for narrowing it down to one pair of shoes? Even if this is a hypothetical suitcase, it was hard.
I have taken the liberty of outlining twelve different outfits for you here:
1. polkadot shirt + jean shorts + collar necklace
2. lips sweater + polkadot shorts
3. swimsuit + jean shorts
4. striped sweater + polkadot shorts
5. face shirt + jean short
6. striped sweater + jean shorts
7. swimsuit + croptop cover up + sandals
8. striped sweater + collar necklace + polkadot shorts
9. swimsuit + polkadot shorts + bowler hat
10. face shirt + polkadot shorts
11. lips sweater + jean shorts + scarf
12. polkadot shirt + polkadot shorts